Thursday, December 22, 2016

THICKER THAN WATER

Is your family still together, just like way back when?
Do you stick by each other through thick and thin?
Or do you hardly know the one that you call brother?
And do you ponder why you seldom talk to mother?
It wasn’t always this way, I can recall there was a time…
We were all together and we were doing fine.
We all have our problems, please don’t get me wrong…
But I can remember a time when life was still a song.
So much has happened to tear us into pieces…
Broken hearts never mended and hatred still increases…
Once I became an adult and reality banged on my door,
I realized that this was not a family anymore…
It is small and broken, some here and there…
Left to wonder who really cares.
It brings a storm of resentment from what has become…
The events of this torn home left me feeling numb.
Even though I now have a life that I cherish
I love my family and I would never let perish…
The foundation I’ve built from what I’ve learned…
The feeling of warmth for which I yearned.
I once missed the ways I learned to live without…
No stronger than the flame which we blew out.
Now I’ve built a fire and it lights up the sky…
With a deep devotion that I will never let die.
Your family is there, whether you want it or not…
It just depends on who you’ve got.
Blood doesn’t make us more loyal than a friend…
Nor does it establish who’s there in the end.
Let them go if they just never pulled through.
Sometimes you find, you’ll always have to.
I never took it straight to the heart…
Just thought of it as two worlds apart.
So it stands today that I feel whole…
Regardless of the past that lives within my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Name
Email
Comment

How To Make Your Boyfriend To Feel Bad And Apologize

How to get your boyfriend to apologize and say sorry to you? Whether it is for a fight, argument, shouting, name calling or taking yo...