Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Long Gone

The sunrise meets me at the dawn 
I wipe away a weary yawn 
I've waited here for far too long 
And now it's clear that she's long gone 

There's a silver lining on the horizon 
I lift my eyes to the rising sun 
I feel a sudden breeze where there was once none 
So I fill my lungs and start to run 

These heavy feelings chase me for quite awhile 
Heartache and cold regret for miles and miles 
Sweat falls like liquid fire into my eyes 
But gradually my lips curve into a smile 

The world's a vibrant scene from the top of a hill 
Birds flying underneath in panoramic view 
Life keeps on moving on no matter how you feel 
Bright colored leaves float free and then grow anew 

The past is just history, the future's a mystery but I'm right here 
Figuring out all the heartache and doubt of existential fear 
The journey seems long but it's here then it's gone as moments fade into years 
As we slowly learn the pain in desire and the joy in tears

No comments:

Post a Comment

Name
Email
Comment

How To Make Your Boyfriend To Feel Bad And Apologize

How to get your boyfriend to apologize and say sorry to you? Whether it is for a fight, argument, shouting, name calling or taking yo...