Thursday, December 28, 2017

My Letter To Depression

Dear Depression,
Why are you here?
Why is it that every time I think I've vanquished you
you crawl back, bloody but resilient?
You keep dragging me down
To trample beneath your feet
And here I am, stuck in the stampede
But I can't leave

Why is it that you love to torture me?
Why do you have to remind me of my faults, my insecurities?
I don't understand how
you've survived this long
fueling my doubt
Why do you make me so irritable?
I just want to be at peace
But you're always here to bully me
With your partner in crime, anxiety

I am stressed, I am fighting
I am angry, I am sad
I am
E M P T Y

What is your purpose?
State your cause.
Make me feel something
Or nothing at all.
Why must you encompass
such ugly emotions?

I ask you to leave
I beg you to go
But here you remain
And I,
I am 
B R O K E N

I am in pieces
What has become of my life?
Why must I be oppressed
by this unbearable sadness?
Why must I have emotion
without purpose?

You beat me, you pull me down again
And here I lay, scrambling for purchase
For purpose. For reason.
But there is no found weapon.
And you kick me again
Why does no one care?

My face is throbbing, my hands are shaking
But your punches keep coming
And my mind is 
S H A T T E R E D

How do I pick up the pieces?
How do I start again?
How do I pick up the glass
without shards cutting my skin?
When did my mind,
once a weapon,
once a treasure,
become the enemy?

I just want to cry.
I just want to be.
But there are no more tears
And I can no longer see.
My goals, once so clear
Become murky
Enveloped in the fog
that swallowed me.

WHY DEPRESSION?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Name
Email
Comment

How To Make Your Boyfriend To Feel Bad And Apologize

How to get your boyfriend to apologize and say sorry to you? Whether it is for a fight, argument, shouting, name calling or taking yo...