Sunday, November 12, 2017

"GUNNED"

Always knew my love for the beautiful game ; football or joga bonito as some know it would one day lead to me reaping profits off it.  C'mon I had been a Gunner (an Arsenal fan)  for well over a decade ...from the time of Tony Adams to Patrick Vieira to Thierry Henry and to the current crop of players... I had seen it all. From the double-winning team of 2002 to the Invincibles of 2004  and through the trophyless period... I had lived and borne it all... and it appeared I was just about to be rewarded...
    I had become a regular player of Sports Betting or 'Alabi' as some know it even though I was yet to hit a major jackpot.  All these looked poised to change on Tuesday 3rd January 2017.
     A situation where you can use about a thousand naira or less to win possibly  millions could be classified as EMPOWERMENT you know... I was about to be empowered with my using #400 to win #290,000
     All looked set... Just one remained though... For my darling Arsenal to DEFEAT a Semi-team in my words;  Bournemouth. Edakun!  This wasn't too much to ask na and I already considered it done when other matches I had placed my bet on resulted in my favour.
   In the hours preceding  the all Important game I had  outlined what I'll spend the money on,  I had even promised bae some 10% of the total sum like I owed her my tithe . Headed to the viewing centre at 8:00pm with a friend - Rasheed who had similar interest in the game like I did only that he picked Arsenal to either win or draw while I went strictly for the former (a win) .
    I recall him telling me few minutes before kickoff that my ticket wouldn't pass the last hurdle and I replying that Tottenham awaits his.
    Match soon began and within the first twenty minutes,  my hope was dashed! Daniels and Fraser ran the show and my team as well as my ticket to above a quarter of a million naira was not one but two goals down.  I think I nearly peed on myself when the Cherries scored their third goal.  This was clearly my enemies at work!!! I fitn't understand .
   THEN,  hope soon arose . Within five minutes after the 70th minute,  we had cut the lead to one... and just then I hoped for a miracle...but it was never to be.  Arsenal finally equalized in added time but no winner to earn me bragging rights. Imagine Giroud celebrating when he could have made my day,  sorry my night ... Rasheed won the battle of the night as his ticket lived to see another matchday while mine was torn in my very before . I walked home dejected as I wondered why I was GUNNED by my beloved GUNNERS
   As for Rasheed?  Tottenham did the trick last I remember... Him Chelsea team no gree score to win him a little above #300k
   In all,  my love for the beautiful game and Yea Arsenal,  surpasses this loss


By Aipoh David 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Name
Email
Comment

How To Make Your Boyfriend To Feel Bad And Apologize

How to get your boyfriend to apologize and say sorry to you? Whether it is for a fight, argument, shouting, name calling or taking yo...